Monday, November 24, 2008

Trials are Friends...

Well, I have a new friend.

We moved into our new lovely house on Saturday, but I wasn't unpacking long before I began to have an allergic reaction. At first I thought I was coming down with a cold, but it felt just like my allergies to cat dander. To make a long story short, I have not been able to sleep in my new home for the past two nights (the only two nights we've been there) and can't even stay inside long. Apparently the former renters had cats and the carpets, though spot-cleaned, must still have dander in them. Today we had the carpets professionally cleaned and hopefully I will be able to sleep in my own bed tonight! But God is sovereign.... Thank God for kind friends who allowed me to sleep at their house the past two nights...

I am wondering at this, God's new little "plan," but trust in him. James says to count trials as friends, and that's what I'm trying to do! Haven't done it perfectly, by any means, but trying... After all, I DO have a bed to sleep in! And a warm house to go to! I am by far very blessed indeed... Perspective is very important :)

Your prayers are appreciated and I will keep you posted! Have a great night.

1 comment:

The Stone Family Band said...

Oh, Katie Dear!
I'm so sorry about your reaction! How miserable you must feel!
Are you better now?
Your mom emailed us and asked my mom for insight on how to help you...
I'm praying for you, dear friend!
Love,
~Emily
p.s. We haven't even uploaded those pics from the beach to our pc yet! I'm sorry, but we still won't be able to for quite some time yet, seeing as how Anna is going on a trip! :) You can email us to know more about that :D
Love ya!