Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A New Subject in the Lesson of Life...

That new subject is... Real estate! I am excited to say that two weeks ago I started a job in a real estate office doing administrative things. God totally brought this job to me--I was not actively seeking a job in the least. But, I was seeking to grow my knowledge of (1) accounting and (2) real estate in general. I bought a college level accounting book (actually used by our local community colleges) and have been teaching myself its contents. And three days a week I work at the Nelson Group office. My friend Melissa (who had a big hand in getting me the job and works there as well) is a great teacher and Don Nelson (my employer) is a Christian and a pleasure to work for. I think it's really neat that we pray before we start work in the morning...

Anyway, I just wanted to share this as a praise. The Lord saw my frustration and provided two answers at the same time to BOTH my thirsts for knowledge. And I observe that it was only when I gave up my efforts to FIND something that he brought these solutions... He does that a lot :)

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

2 comments:

Anna Grace said...

Dear Katie,
I love your blog's facelift. :) Thank you for your comments on my blog. Lord When I come to Colorado someday, Lord willing, we'll have to plan a day of picture taking! When do you suggest I come for the most beautiful scenery? :) Can't wait to see you again sometime!
Love Much,
Anna
(PS) I'll work on sending you a picture cd from the beach. Our computer slows WAY down when we send pics via email. Love you! :)

Katie said...

Oh, Anna! ANY time is beautiful here so come asap! *laugh* No really, I think it's true and I want you to come SOON! But I think the MOST beautiful time Autumn. Spring goes by super quick here, but it is pretty as well.

We have our own house now (move into a rented one tomorrow and it's huge!) so do come soon! Love you too...