Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Goodbye...

It is now a for sure deal: we are moving from Jefferson, Georgia to Denver, Colorado on November 19th, 2007 (Monday). Yeah, that's in less than a week. It's all happened so fast that I feel like I'm gasping for breath and just can't get it. But we are really driving away from Georgia this Monday and there's nothing I can do about it but accept it. I don't want to leave. I've grown comfortable here and I now have deep relationships with many people at my church. I feel like I'm being completely uprooted from everything (except my family) that I love and cherish. It's so hard! And it seems like a dream; like something unreal... Your prayers for me and my family would be much coveted during this time.

On a more general note, the packing is going really well and so far everything is going smoothly. My dad is flying down here on Thursday or Friday to help us all drive up on Monday.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. I know that I'm young and that I, Lord willing, have my entire life ahead of me, but it's still so hard... It's only by God's grace that I don't give in to depression. Yes, I'm moving away from my friends that feel like family, but I'm not moving away from Jesus! He will always be with me, no matter where I go--how very comforting that thought is! Praise the Lord...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, it is so very hard to see your family, our dear friends, leave, but you need to focus on what God has in store for you! Surely He has great things planned in moving you to Colorado. While we will be far apart in the future, I want you to keep us updated on all that God is doing in your family in Colorado. I'm kind of excited, and you should be too!

Love,
Ali

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie! of course by now you've already moved! but I just wanted to let y'all know how much we love you and will miss the (sort of)closeness we had with y'all even though we lived a state away. So, how's Colorado? Is it cold? *haha* May the Lord bless you!
~Emily

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the snowy land of Colorado, Katie!!! It was such a blessing to get to help you move in and finally meet you in person. I look forward to all that God has in store for you and your dear family here, but I also understand the pain of leaving behind everything. Do not forget our Father's promise in Mark 10:29-30!! Much grace to you!
~Sheree

ktrosebud said...

Katie, you are so right in saying that you're not alone. God has big plans for your life, so keep seeking Him and letting Him be your daily bread. He really is faithful. And know that you're missed. I am excited about writing you letters though! :)