Thursday, October 21, 2010

Called to Sight

I was reading Mark 10 this morning in my quiet time, and tears came to my eyes as I read this section...

"...Bartimaeus, a blind beggar, the son of Timaeus, was sitting by the roadside. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" And many rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" And Jesus stopped and said, "Call him." And they called the blind man, saying to him, "Take heart. Get up; he is calling you."

No matter what you're going through, what you've done, what rules you've broken; no matter how blind you may be, or how feeble--Jesus is calling you. He HAS indeed called his children! So take heart, get up, and live this life he has given us with a joyful heart for what Christ has done forever for our very souls--releasing us from our spiritual blindness and giving new life eternal.

Praise God!

No comments: